Old June 5th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default tunnel routes

Martin Underwood wrote:
eastender wrote in message
:

"Richard J." wrote:

eastender wrote:
Is there a map showing routes of tube and rail tunnels?

The .pdf street maps displayed by the TfL Journey Planner are
quite good if you want to check on a particular location. You need
to combine a tube journey with a walking route or a bus journey in
the area concerned.

I've just realised that the JP maps are only accurate for *current* LU
lines. The tunnel from Drayton Park to Old Street is shown as dotted
straight lines from station to station.

It was the programme last night on tube crash that got me thinking
where the tunnels go from Drayton Pk down to Moorgate - my office
is in New North Rd and I wonder if I'm above said tunnels, but seems
there is no easy way to find out. Also, there is news that a
listed museum in Spitalfields is worried about location of
Crossrail tunnels.

Not sure why that is "news" - people in Spitalfields have been
campaigning against Crossrail for years - but anyway Crossrail's
detailed tunnel alignments have been made available to people affected
for some time.

My map shows the Northern and Moorgate to Finsbury Park lines
running (together) up Moorgate and City Road to Old St station.
Just north of here, they diverge, with the Finsbury Park line
running under East Road and then New North Road to Essex Road
station where the line continues along Canonbury - and off the edge
of my map!

It continues along Canonbury Road, short-cutting the last bit to reach
Highbury & Islington station. (On my 1956 map, it was Highbury station,
across the road from "Islington & Highbury station" on the NLL.) Then
under Highbury Fields to Drayton Park station.

--
Richard J.