Old June 5th 06, 09:42 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
Stewart Brodie Stewart Brodie is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

"Paul Oter" wrote:

New ticket restrictions have been announced with effect from next
Monday to services which depart from King's Cross to Cambridge in the
evening peak. This was expected but this is the first time I've seen a
definitive announcement.

So we've had the removal of the refreshments services, removal of the
onboard announcements from the lovely lady, and now bans on actually
travelling by train. I wonder what other improvements First have lined up?

I notice that they've made a start on their number one priority: repainting
the trains or putting stickers on the side.

According to a new leaflet "Ticket Changes from 11th June 2006", from
that date "the return portion of Cheap Day return, One (sic) Day
Travelcard (off-peak), Family Travelcard and DaySave tickets are no
longer valid on services departing from [King's Cross and Moorgate]
between 1630 and 1901 Monday to Friday. In addition to this Network
AwayBreaks and Saver tickets are not valid on services which depart
from these services between 1730 and 1830 Monday to Friday."

Are they allowed to change the terms & conditions of tickets that have
already been issued? e.g. if I'd bought my Saver ticket 3 weeks ago (it
allows the return journey up to 1 month from the ticket date)

--
Stewart Brodie