Old June 5th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default tunnel routes

Martin Underwood wrote:
Richard J. wrote in message
:

Martin Underwood wrote:
Richard J. wrote in message
:

eastender wrote:
Is there a map showing routes of tube and rail tunnels?

I didn't realise that map was still being updated. I have a 1956
version of the same map in Bartholomew's Central London
Atlas-Guide. I notice that your version, like mine, still has
"South Kensington Stas.", dating from the time when the Piccadilly
station was separate from the District. Yes, it is quite good,
though not completely accurate at South Ken.

What route does it show for the Jubilee Line
between Baker Street and Bond Street? It should show it passing
under Park Square near Regents Park station.

The Jubilee line crosses under the west section of Park Crescent
and just avoids the Square itself, whereas the Bakerloo line passes
through Park Square and then down Portland Place:
http://www.martinunderwood.f9.co.uk/Baker%20Street.jpg

That looks reasonably accurate. There is a Jubilee Line ventilation
shaft in Park Square gardens, near the 'Q' of the word 'Square' printed
on the garden (green) on your map, but I've no way of knowing whether it
is directly over the tunnels.
--
Richard J.