Old September 24th 03, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default Crossrail a poor buy?

"Cheeky" wrote in message

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:35:03 +0000 (UTC), (david
stevenson) wrote:

Cheeky wrote:

Well ISTR a report in the Sunday press a while ago which noted that
a 3mile rail tunnel is being built under Kiel for £400 million
whilst a 5 mile tunnel in London is costed at £17 billion....

I'm sure that such a blind comparison is completely valid, oh yes.
Why not bring the Big Dig into it too?

Big Dig? Don't think we have them Oop North...

They do oop north in the US, Boston to be precise