Old June 6th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "LUL in a Day"

In article ,
(Roland Perry) wrote:

In message , at 10:28:29 on
Sun, 4 Jun 2006, AstraVanMan
remarked:
do the Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines share tracks between Baker
Street and Finchley Road?

No, the Jubilee is in a tube tunnel, and the Metropolitan is in
traditional surface/cut-and-cover.

Right, ok. So it's at Finchley Road, where they both go overground,
that they both start sharing, right?

As far as I recall, yes. At Baker Street the Jubilee (was once part
of the Bakerloo) is in a tube tunnel, and I don't think the lines
merge until Finchley Rd. Even then, they stay as two pairs of track,
each dedicated to one of the lines.

But there are crossovers which allow trains some interchange between the
tracks of the two lines.

--
Colin Rosenstiel