Old June 6th 06, 10:11 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
Sam Holloway Sam Holloway is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

Sarah Brown wrote:
Sam Holloway wrote:
So what's to stop Cambridge travellers buying an Ely-London cheap day
return and using that? Does the small print prevent this?

Will the ticket offices at Cambridge sell that one?

Failing that, I guess I could always either drive to Ely (despite living
within short walking distance of Cambridge station), or buy a single to Ely,
and then a travelcard once at Ely.

Sadly, tickets are non-transferrable, otherwise I could start a
lucrative business buying tickets for people in Ely station and posting
them to Cambridge. :-)

You can certainly buy tickets from Ely that start at Cambridge (e.g. if
you hold Ely-Cam season ticket and want to travel to London, you can
buy the Cam-London part from Ely).

Sam