Old June 7th 06, 12:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Shoreditch RIP

"Chris Read" wrote in
:

Just a quick reminder that Shoreditch station (East London Line) will
close permanently this Friday. Last train appears to depart at 20:34

IIRC, this will be the first station closure on the Underground since
Aldwych, North Weald and Ongar closed (on the same day) in 1994.
However, there has been a subsequent line closure - Green Park to
Charing Cross when the Jubilee Line Extension opened.

The closure also brings to an end the most unusual service pattern on
the Underground: M-F peaks and Sunday until mid-afternoon only.

Thanks for the reminder. And a rap on the knuckles of the people who
designed the latest map.... it says that the station would close on
Saturday 10 June whereas technically it's late on Friday 9 June.

As a Brick Lane fan, this station will be sorely missed. I was there just
last night, when I went to the Vibe Bar on Brick Lane to have a few jars -
that turned out to be quite a lot of jars in the end.

I hope they've made the right decision. Personally, I'm not convinced.