Old June 7th 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Nick Pedley Nick Pedley is offline

Default Shoreditch RIP

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
Chris Read:
Just a quick reminder that Shoreditch station (East London Line) will
close permanently this Friday. Last train appears to depart at 20:34

Tristán White:
Thanks for the reminder. And a rap on the knuckles of the people who
designed the latest map.... it says that the station would close on
Saturday 10 June whereas technically it's late on Friday 9 June.

I suggest that this is not an error as such, but the standard problem
of whether to report a closure date as "last day of service" or "first
day of no service". What's the actual wording on the map?

The Tube/TfL website states that "Shoreditch station will close permanently
after the end of service on Friday 9 June".
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinf...me/planned.asp

Online Tube map says "Station closes permanently in June 2006". I assume
this is a smaller version of the wall map seen at stations.

The TfL Tube closures email I had yesterday states "Shoreditch station to
permanently close from Saturday 10 June 2006. For further details click
here."
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/unlinked/tube-...10-June-06.pdf
That statement is repeated on the map in the link. This is part of a leaflet
which starts with "From Saturday 10 June Shoreditch station permanently
closed".

Nick