Old June 7th 06, 11:33 AM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Ebbens Paul Ebbens is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

I've forgotten which ticket types are subject to controls as part of the
privatisation process - I assume CDRs are not part of the regulated
bundle of ticket types? I can vaguely understand why an Inter City
train operator may wish to impose some restrictions on some journeys but
this is blatant profiteering by First. It must also have been endorsed
by the DfT as part of accepting the franchise proposals - I wonder when
GoVia will introduce the same policy on the South Eastern franchise.

Yes probably the franchise documents state that "attempts to reduce crowded
trains must be made" and of course being a TOC, rather than increasing train
lengths to a reasonable length, in their eyes, price the "cheapees" off the
crowded trains. Simple economics for them... simple chaos for the rest of us
mortals...

Paul