Old June 7th 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Shoreditch RIP

asdf wrote in
:

On 7 Jun 2006 11:14:26 -0700, wrote:

The closure also brings to an end the most unusual service pattern
on the Underground: M-F peaks and Sunday until mid-afternoon only.

Will the replacement buses follow a similar pattern of operation?

Yes. Shuttle buses will run every 10 minutes between Shoreditch and
Whitechapel, during the same hours as the current Shoreditch ELL
service.

I wonder how popular they'll be, and what the ticketing arrangements
will be.

Monday night I was coming from town on the H&C and was going to the Vibe
Bar on Brick Lane. I decided to get off at Liverpool Street and walk,
rather than go all the way to Whitechapel which would actually not leave me
*that* close to the original station anyway.

I could have walked from Aldgate East I guess, but there's not much in it.