Old June 8th 06, 02:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
asdf asdf is offline

Default Shoreditch RIP

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:38:25 -0500, Tristán White wrote:

Therefore, I think they should have extended the current hours of the
station, rather than dispense of a very quaint station.

Another thing: Has anyone studied the impact that 4 year period will
have on Brick Lane market?

But my main reason is much more 'romantic'. It's always sad to see the
death of a station, especially one which has survived two world wars in
one of the country's most heavily blitzed areas. And a Grade II listed
one at that (I am sure palms will be greased and it will be turned into
yet another bunch of offices or something).

It will no doubt disappoint you to hear the following. I don't know
about the station itself, but according to TfL's ELLX video[1], the
Shoreditch "branch" from the extended ELL, which lies in cutting, will
be filled in. (Presumably this is so they can build offices or
something on it.) This will all but preclude any future use of the
station, or the connection to the GEML.

[1]
http://ellp.tfl.gov.uk/UserFiles/Fil...don%20Line.zip