Old September 25th 03, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Youles John Youles is offline

Default New Eurostar line from Waterloo

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:59:33 +0000 (UTC) in uk.transport.london, "Paul Scott"
tapped out on the keyboard:

I have never seen a convincing argument for building the London terminus at
St Pancras. Its as if the French end of the route terminated somewherein
South East Paris. The trains should surely have passed through Stratford on
their way to the North East or North West, or terminated at Stratford as
applicable.

It's a great pity that a great joint mainline station was never built in London,
enabling interchange between all inter-city routes. But, St Pancras is next to
Kings Cross and close to Euston (perhaps a travolator will be built) so is
convenient for most routes north of London, and Stratford is convenient for East
Anglia. Connections for the west are dire however.

I find it odd that Crossrail will not serve Kings Cross / St Pancras.

--
John Youles Norwich England UK
j dot y.o.u.l.e.s at n.t.l.w.o.r.l.d dot c.o.m