Old June 8th 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] bowroaduk@yahoo.com is offline

Default Shoreditch RIP

Steve Dulieu wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, but mention of the TfL inherited routes made me
wonder if anyone knows what the situation with TfL staff passes will be once
the routes pass to TfL control, will these lines become available to staff
passes?
--
Cheers, Steve.

I suspect *not*. Had LU been the operator and the extended ELL (and
maybe NLL) incorporated into the Underground proper, then clearly staff
passes would have become valid on all sections.

As things stand I guess "grandfather rights" will allow their use from
Shoreditch to New Cross/New Cross Gate and from Harrow & Wealdstone to
Watford Junction - i.e. as at present.

A precedent was set a few years ago when LU single tickets from
Tottenham Hale to zone 1 were also accepted on WAGN via Liverpool
Street NR. Despite me raising the anomaly, holders of staff passes were
not granted a similar choice in route.