Old June 8th 06, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristan Miller Tristan Miller is offline

Default Overheating on the Tube

Greetings.

In article .com,
Neillw001 wrote:

I've been on underground lines in other countries that get as hot or
hotter than London does in the summer and have never noticed any undue
heat. I think a lot of it has to do with the original constuctions
methods. Some places such as Budapest and Paris are cut and cover, with
the stations not far below the surface. But both these were constructed
not long after London and I've never found them to be as hot as parts
of the District/Circle in high summer.

Only one of the Budapest lines (the oldest) is cut-and-cover. The other
two are (very) deep tunnels. However, you're correct that none of the
three lines get particularly hot in the summer.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] Space is limited