Old June 9th 06, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Colossal temperatures on bus

Alan OBrien wrote:
On Tuesday and Friday I had to withstand volcanic temperatures on the 280
bus between Mitcham & Sutton.
Upstairs there was no possibility of opening a window; I wonder why not? Was
air-con meant to be installed?

I think I might get one of those thermometers from Maplins.

--
Work like the ponies in coalmines.
Dance like the teardrop explodes.

For some reason, the upper decks of the 211 (even in Winter) are
grossly hot. Why should we put up with conditions which, frankly,
cattle would not be expected to endure?

Why do front windows not open?
Why do side windows open so slightly as to make little difference
(those dreadful hopper windows on refurbished Routemasters are even
worse)?
Why does heat seem to emanate from within the bus itself (not just the
engine compartment on the lower deck)?

Marc.