Old June 9th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default North London Line update

Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS wrote:
It puzzles me that LU insists on running Met Line trains thru to
Aldgate. The Junction there must be an operating challenge. Meanwhile
there is ample unused capacity at Moorgate. Surely the walk saved to
City employment centers cannot be so much shorter from Aldgate?

Terminating Mets at Moorgate would reduce the service to Liverpool Street.

How far is the Walk from Liverpool Street to Moorgate? I do realize
the interchange at Liverpool Street could hardly be more convenient.

I was thinking more of the distribution of interchange traffic to/from
Liverpool Street, rather than just people arriving from the west for
City offices.

Is there a case for restoring the terminating Met/Circle platform at
Liverpool Street?

Probably too expensive... but then they might have to think about it if
running the Met through to Whitechapel/Barking proves unreliable!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7