Old June 9th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default North London Line update

In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS wrote:

It puzzles me that LU insists on running Met Line trains thru to
Aldgate. The Junction there must be an operating challenge.
Meanwhile there is ample unused capacity at Moorgate. Surely the
walk saved to City employment centers cannot be so much shorter from
Aldgate?

There are significant numbers of offices both in the immediate
vicinity of Aldgate (and Fenchurch Street) and in the St. Katherine
Docks area. As one who used to commute to the area on a daily basis
from Metroland I can assure you that the withdrawal of Met services
would be poorly received. In the late eighties the off-peak service
was cut back to Baker Street but was restored for Amersham and
Uxbridge services in the early 90s.

Isn't another reason simply the fact that the Aldgate terminating
platforms are between the Circle platforms so involve fewer conflicting
movements that at Moorgate or, when the bay existed there, at Liverpool
St?

--
Colin Rosenstiel