Old June 10th 06, 01:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] districtdriver@gmail.com is offline

Default Is Ealing Broadway-Ealing Common running on 10 June?

Nigel Pendse wrote:
I need to get from Sudbury Hill to Ealing Broadway and back on Saturday,
10 June. Normally I'd change from the Picc to the District at Ealing
Common, but the Tfl Journey Planner isn't offering this route as an
option.

I thought the District was only closed between Acton Town and Earl's
Court? If I'm right, I can take my normal route, but if the Tfl site is
right, I either have to get a bus or walk between the two Ealing
stations (and therefore must allow more time). Does anyone know for
sure?

Ealing Common is indeed open. It makes no difference if you change at
Acton or Ealing Common, as the District is only operating every 20 mins
between Acton and Ealing Broadway anyway.

My advice (if this isn't too late!) is to get the Picc to Ealing
Common, out of the station and take the bus (207, 607 or 427 I think)
to Ealing Broadway. The buses are a lot more frequent than the trains.
Remember that the Picc is only operating every 20 mins on the Rayners
Lane branch as well.