Old June 10th 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Stilling Roy Stilling is offline

Default Colossal temperatures on bus

Marc Brett wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:35:13 GMT, "Alan OBrien"
wrote:

On Tuesday and Friday I had to withstand volcanic temperatures on the 280
bus between Mitcham & Sutton.
Upstairs there was no possibility of opening a window; I wonder why not? Was
air-con meant to be installed?

I think I might get one of those thermometers from Maplins.

Does painting the roof white help with inside temperatures? I've noticed many
new buses have this feature.

There was an article in last night's Standard that said TfL have
concluded it doesn't make a difference.

Roy