Old June 11th 06, 05:19 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

Jonathan Morris wrote:
If I buy three people a discounted travelcard with my Gold Card (and
their ticket is marked GOLDC), I wonder if they can travel with me
during the restricted evening period?

Logic says no, as it's an off peak ticket, but surely if they haven't
implicitly mentioned discounted/gold card tickets then they can't
enforce the ruling as it is technically a different ticket?

Is it not a Gold Card discounted off peak Travelcard? In which case you
could ask for a GC discounted peak Travelcard instead, which would be valid.
(Just like you can buy Network Card discounted Standard Day Singles as well
as Cheap Day Singles, in some cases paying extra for no benefit) Or does
using a GC make it a different ticket type and so not a normal Travelcard at
all?

Theo