Old June 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

Theo Markettos wrote:
Is it not a Gold Card discounted off peak Travelcard? In which case you
could ask for a GC discounted peak Travelcard instead, which would be valid.
(Just like you can buy Network Card discounted Standard Day Singles as well
as Cheap Day Singles, in some cases paying extra for no benefit) Or does
using a GC make it a different ticket type and so not a normal Travelcard at
all?

Yes it is an ordinary ticket with a discount, but as it's marked
differently then it may well be the case that they need to
*specifically* include it in their list of exclusions. It seems that
there are many other things that are open to interpretation.

Also, and this is rather silly and pedantic I know, but Gold Card
ticket holders must travel with me. So, I could possibly argue that I
am entitled to travel between 1630 and 1901, so why can't they? Why
should I now be restricted for my journey in the peak rate?

I know the honest answer is to buy the peak ticket, but I know that if
I go into London in the week (e.g. taking a day off), then there's no
way I'll know when I am going back home.

This is why I think such a move for First stinks! They say they do what
we want them to do, not what they think we want them to do - but I
don't remember asking for this? Does anyone else?

Jonathan