Old June 11th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default Is Ealing Broadway-Ealing Common running on 10 June?

"asdf" wrote in message

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 22:29:32 +0100, Nigel Pendse wrote:

I need to get from Sudbury Hill to Ealing Broadway and back on
Saturday, 10 June. Normally I'd change from the Picc to the
District at Ealing Common, but the Tfl Journey Planner isn't
offering this route as an option.
Nigel
I work for TFL Travel Information. If you select Sudbury Hill to
Ealing Broadway on Jouney Planner using only LUL as a mode of
travel. Then this will bring up your journey by LUL via Acton Town.
Journey Time is 28 mins.

Yes, I found that, if I told it not to allow buses. But why change at
Acton Town, rather than Ealing Common? It also looks like both lines
are running a sparse 20 minute service, presumably because of the
need to reverse at Acton Town.

I'd suggest getting off at North Ealing and walking from there to
Ealing Broadway. It's a 10-12 minute walk, so will probably be quicker
than going via Ealing Common (if you have to wait more than a few
minutes for the District Line train).

Thanks for all the advice. In the end, I took the normal Picc/District
route, changing at Ealing Common, but allowed extra time, to allow for
the 20/20 min service.

As an aside, the reason for the journey was that I was travelling on the
HRT Midland and Great Central Tour
(http://www.traintrips.co.uk/GE.html#484) which departed from Ealing
Broadway. This train was hauled by a just-off-the-boat, shiny new
Metronet GRf Class 66 -- perhaps the first time it had been used. The
tour was not without its problems, but the locos weren't the cause.