Old June 11th 06, 08:52 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] j.p.harris@talk21.com is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

Jonathan Morris wrote:

I'm a commuter, paying £2500 a year, and I travel on either the 1753
or 1823 services from KGX and they're never so packed that FCC need to
implement such a silly policy for others. By rights I should support
it, but it seems many commuters think it's crazy too! If you have no
ticket at all, however, then I hope you get prosecuted!!

First.. they're certainly "transforming travel" alright!

Jonathan

I travelled on the 1823 a few weeks ago and this two-unit train
certainly wasn't busy. Far better would have been to ban certain busy
trains - e.g 1815 Cambridge and others which are already full to spread
the loadings.

The stupid thing now will be that the first few trains after 1900 will
be jam packed since they are only 4-coach e.g. 1906 Cambridge, 1906
Peterborough. I expect that the 8-coach 1915 Cambridge is also a
popular train already and so on. Similarly, many northbound Thameslink
services after 1900 are only 4 coach trains.

Are they going to change the stock diagrams to reflect this change? The
timetables do not appear to have changed. How can they predict which
services should be reduced in length?

Jonathan