Old June 13th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ezusbo ezusbo is offline

Default London Underground route finder for your journey with Google Maps

wrote:

Surely the tube planner is as effective as this.

What I want is how best to travel from Tottenham Hale to Camden Town?

Simple question?

OK so Victoria Line from Tottenham Hale to ??

Kings Cross OR Euston

Actually the solution I like the best is to sit in the front carriage
of the tube train from TH to Euston.

Then use what I call the stairs short cut (right by the front of the
train on arrival at Euston) to the bank Branch of the Northern Line.
Northenr Line to Camden Town

The reverse is similar. Always get a Bank Branch train from camden
Town. Sit in the rear most carriage and then at Euston use the short
cut stairs (right by the rear carriage) to the Victoria Line
Northbound.

This saves having to go up to "high level" (which you end up doing if
you use a charing cross train) and then down again at Euston.

Any other ideas?

Martin Underwood wrote:

ezusbo wrote in message
:

Hi all

I have developed a facility which allows you to find out the best
routes between two London Underground stations, try searching for it
at
http://public.ok2life.com/tube/routes. The routes found are colour
coded to indicate line changes and National Rail stations where
available. There is also integrated Google Maps to show you the
surrounding area of each station along the paths found.

Let me know if you have any suggestion/comment for improvement.

Looks good. Maybe you should make it clearer which is the station at which
you have to change, by doing one or other of the following:

- display the change station in the colours of both lines (left hand side of
box in old colour; right hand side in new colour)

- repeat the station name: one box in the colour of the old line and then
the same name in a box below in the colour of the new line

The first suggestion is probably the better one.

That is an awesome suggestion, and to implement it will require
knowledge of the station layouts too. I am not sure if this stuff is
available on the web though, not to mention the challenge in
programming that algorithm into the web page.

David