Old June 13th 06, 06:09 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

Clive R Robertson wrote:
I queried FCC on exactly this point a month ago, referencing the 1753.
Their reply made it clear that if I used the first class section to my
local station (Oakleigh Park) without paying a first class fare, I
would be liable to a penalty fare. Regrettably, the reply failed to
tell me what the first class fare is (and I did ask).

I take my hat off to you for getting a response from FCC on anything,
even if it was complete rubbish!

There's no first class on the service. Even in the new timetable, where
it is now the 1752, it's clearly not marked. On at least one 317, the
seat covers and the 'next compartment is 1st class only' vinyls have
even been removed! If you /could/ buy a 1st class ticket, imagine how
annoyed you would be when you got a 313 with no first class section!
That's exactly why there's no advertised service because it gives them
the flexibility on stock they wouldn't have otherwise.

Some passengers that get grief (and it's very rare now as the grippers
are usually aware and save themselves the embarrassment) have letters
obtained from Wagn to show inspectors. Now, consider that FCC still
work out of the London Lines office in Old Street.. so it's probably
the same member of staff that told you the exact opposite of what they
said before!

Jonathan