Old June 15th 06, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster fare evasion

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
"Snip"

No - it's not technically as Richard said. All that is certain is that for
certain pairs of stations, journeys are defined as using Zone 1 even if a
route avoiding Z1 would be possible. Earl's Court to Notting Hill Gate is
certainly one of those cases. I have also tried Shepherd's Bush (Central)
to Parsons Green, which is also defined as via Zone 1.

Someone else mentioned Harrow-on-the-Hill to Barons Court being defined as
via Z1 but H-o-t-H to Ravenscourt Park *not* being defined in that way.

I imagine the current fares system will be swept aside by something else
once Oyster becomes de facto for rail as well as LU.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Is the list of these definitions published anywhere? I've not been able to
find it!

--

Mike Roberts