Old June 17th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Silverlink Metro and Oyster

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:46:15 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

A friend has claimed that Silverlink customer service told him you can't
use a monthly Travelcard (on an Oystercard) on a section of their route
between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction. That sounds odd to me -
does anyone know if it's true?

I would imagine it would be true if the zones on the travelcard did not
cover the journey to be made. However there is no restriction, all other
things being equal, as a result of the format of the ticket (magnetic or
Oyster). It would also be true to say that Pre-Pay auto extension (only
available on Oyster cards) would not work on that section. However to
re-iterate if the Travelcard is in date and for the correct zones then
it makes no difference if it is magnetic format or Oyster format.

People need to be specific about the details of these sorts of queries
and what exactly was said because the situation is presently very
complex and it is all too easy to give the wrong answer to some one.
--
Paul C