Old September 26th 03, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Crossrail a poor buy?

Paul Weaver wrote in message ...
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:07:13 +0100, Colin wrote:
That was the first time around many years ago, where the project was killed
off by a committee of (mainly Tory) London MP's with a 'not in my back yard'
and anti-subsidy agenda.

Things have somewhat progressed since then.

What, you call people that live in Manchester or Wales subsidising the
transport needs of Londoners "progress". All government subsidy is the
most definitely anything but progress, but when you charge people that
have no benefit whatsoever, you become worse then Ken!

If taxpayers do have to subsidise it, it should come out the local taxes
of London business and commuters.

Quite right. And all the tax money I pay as a londoner should go only to london.
Wales and Manchester need regeneration money or money for new or metro lines?
Tough ****, get the money from your council tax. Oh but wait , didn't the money
for manchester metro link come partially from central government? How come
you're not complaining about that eh??

Anyone can play the "Only pay for stuff in my back yard" game and a 5 year old
can see the problems with it. Apparently you can't however so why don't you
switch your computer off and go back to your crayons.

B2003