Old June 20th 06, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster fare evasion

asdf wrote:

So what about the following example. I live between Woodford and South
Woodford, and feel like a trip round the Circle Line. So I touch in at
Woodford, travel into London and go once round the Circle, then back
out to South Woodford, where I touch out and walk home. Assuming the
time limit for the journey doesn't get in the way, I pay only the
Woodford to South Woodford fare. Is this fare evasion?

It's a bit of a contrived example, but as Oyster charging appears to be
based only on entry and exit points I suppose it is strictly OK. Does
LUL have a concept of permitted/reasonable routes? While I realise it
wouldn't affect the fare per-se as the whole thing is in Zone 1, are
you allowed to go the "wrong way" round the Circle Line to travel one
stop, for example?

I've read the OP again and it related to a Travelcard rather than
pre-pay, though, which might change matters, as a TC is for now at
least a traditional zonal ticket.

Neil