Old June 20th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Overheating on the Tube

I have today found out that on 1973 stock (Piccadilly Line), if one
sits on the VERY end seat, i.e. nearest the driver's bulkhead, a faint
stream of airconditioning breeze can be felt if one sits with one's
head right against the glass! I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I
think that this is the ONLY ventillated seat in driving carriages.

Most likely due to the fact that the driver's cab is air conditioned
(when it deigns to work!)