Old June 22nd 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

In message . com, John
B writes
Richard M Willis wrote:
Why not? About five tube stations are named after pubs, and a pub called
"Everything in the garden is green and
lovely" is not too hard to imagine... or is it? Surely some pub names are
not noun phrases?

I've never seen a pub name that was not a noun phrase. If you can find
one, I'd be well interested.

Oh.. Actually, yes, there's The Case Is Altered at Fosdyke.

In London...
Ain't Nothing But Blues in Soho
The Defectors Weld at Shepherd's Bush
Dicey's The Galway Hooker at Neasden
Dream Bags Jaguar Shoes at Hoxton
Ha! Ha! in various places
Hung, Drawn & Quartered at Tower Hill
Liberty Bounds at Tower Hill
Monkey Chews at Primrose Hill
1802 at West India Quay
Rock The Boat at Waterloo
Tally Ho in Finchley

My favourite (and claimed to be the longest pub name in London) is the
"I Am the Only Running Footman" in Charles Street, Mayfair.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk