Old June 23rd 06, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster fare evasion

In article ,
lid (asdf) wrote:

Sorry, forgot to answer one point:

So what about the following example. I live between Woodford and
South Woodford, and feel like a trip round the Circle Line. So I
touch in at Woodford, travel into London and go once round the
Circle, then back out to South Woodford, where I touch out and walk
home. Assuming the time limit for the journey doesn't get in the
way, I pay only the Woodford to South Woodford fare. Is this fare
evasion?

It's a bit of a contrived example...

Perhaps, but I was considering a similar, "real" case (though only on
a theoretical basis) on the day of the Shoreditch last run. (Though I
didn't go in the end.)

I was careful to have a day travelcard that day for that reason.

--
Colin Rosenstiel