Old June 24th 06, 08:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Reduction in Chiltern Services and Funding of Shared Met Line

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:27:47 +0100, Matt Wheeler wrote:

To me the sitation with the Met and Chiltern isn't too much different
to lines out of London where the tracks are shared by local and
InterCity operators. (eg to Stevenage/Peterborough, Watford/Milton
Keynes). The Intercity operator being the faster "premium" service
(in our case, Chiltern), and the local operator operating being
equivalent to the Met services.

Perhaps I'm being picky and it just depends how you look at it, but
the faster services are not really a "premium" service. A standard
season ticket (price capped by legislation) is valid on all train
operators. The operator of the slower service may, if they wish,
introduce a discounted one valid only on their services.

Trying to do a set-down only stop at Amersham in the morning peak
would be futile, as all the passengers waiting on the platform would
cram onto the train anyway, so the only option would be not to stop at
all.

I dunno; they could do a ticket check afterwards, and the only tickets
that would be valid would be ones from Great Missenden, which they get
the revenue for. Perhaps I shouldn't give them ideas ;-)