Old June 25th 06, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison Graham Harrison is offline

Default Single from Heathrow (Piccadilly Line) to Gatwick

"AstraVanMan" wrote in message
Some relatives of mine are needing to travel from Heathrow to Gatwick -
obviously there's the coach option (that presumably goes around the M25)
or
the tube/train option via Victoria.

We've basically worked out that it looks like train is likely to be the
cheapest option (they have a Family Railcard and will be travelling
off-peak), and the fare (2 adults, 1 child) looks to be just over £20 for
the Victoria-Gatwick leg, plus tube fares.

Anyway, my question is - could they get a through ticket that includes
travelcards, just as they could do if they were starting outside London
and
heading in? (i.e. their journey in reverse)

Cheers,

Peter
--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Have you considered 285 bus to Feltham, then via Clapham Junction? Depends
very much on time of day and amount of luggage to be carried whether it's a
viable option.