Old June 26th 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default Which line is most interesting?

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:

If, when visiting London as a tourist in August, I should like to ride
one of the underground lines in its entirety, which line and branch would
you suggest, and why?

The Victoria Line - it's the shortest!

And by any almost any criteria, the least interesting to travel, being
entirely underground, built at pretty much the same time, and with no
disused stations on it.

For my money, it would have to be one with both ends in the sticks, so you
can get a feel for the huge size of the whole thing; the Central would be
an obvious contender, as would the District. The latter is probably a lot
more interesting to look at, due to being subsurface rather than deep
tube.

Upminster to Ealing B would be a reasonably interesting journey, although
Cockfosters to Uxbridge would probably be the overall winner for my money.

BTN