Old June 26th 06, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

In article . com,
() wrote:

Reminds me of the old college joke, about the fresh-faced
undergraduate walking along the Cam, looking for the Queens' College
boathouse, and coming across a group of beefy looking oarsmen, saying,
"are you lot Queens' ", before being upended into the river.

Well, it made me laugh when I first heard it!

Well, in my day we wondered by that was the only college (before
co-residence) with double sets which mostly had shared bedrooms.

--
Colin Rosenstiel