Old June 26th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Reduction in Chiltern Services and Funding of Shared Met Line

Dave Arquati wrote:
wrote:

I believe the "seating" issue on the new SSL S-stock has been decided.
It will be the same for all cars - whether formed as 6, 7 or 8's. This
will mean a slight increase in seats on the Circle/H&C Lines (and even
more so if station rebuilds allow for 7-car operation), but a
reduction of 32% on the Met Main.

On an additional note, although people have been saying that S-stock
will only have longitudinal seating, the promotional shots show a mixtu
http://www.metronetrail.com/default....=1088068912937

And also an astonishing amount of empty floor space. That 32%
reduction figure looks optimistic to me.

I think Met line passengers are not going to be at all happy, unless
the service frequency doubles.

Colin McKenzie

--
On average in Britain, you're more likely to get a head injury walking
a mile than cycling it.