Old June 26th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS is offline

Default St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Jim Hawkins wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

PedantGrecian is generally a more pleasing way to describe things
appertaining to the country Greece, than Greek./pedant

Adrian.

Whilst an urn may be Grecian, the language is Greek.

Jim Hawkins

And, unfortunately in street venacular, Greek has come to mean buggery.
Therefore it is more pleasing, to my ears, to hear that "The
Watercress Line has a Grecian locomative" (a locomative imported from
Greece), than "The Watercress Line has a Greek locomative" (a buggered
locomotive!)

Adrian.

So, Adrian, a locomative becomes a locomotive only when buggered?

Personally speaking I will be keeping my own private parts well away
from the firebox!

Marc.

But not as buggered as my spelling.

Adrian.