Old June 27th 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Stagecoach London Sale

Ian Jelf wrote:

Because even the best ones are much less legible than traditional
blinds.

Not necessarily - I find them far easier to read, personally, probably
because they are better-lit. They're also more flexible. However, I'm
aware opinion is split, and really there are more important things to
worry about.

And am I alone in thinking that the new London system of ultimate
destination only on the front is a *terrible* retrograde step?

Yes. It's less important outside London, but in central London where
tourists might want to use the buses, or where people might want to use
them with no familiarity with the route, it is making the buses less
friendly to those people as they can't just have a quick look at the
bus to see if it goes to X.

That said, stop information is getting ever better (and you can't board
away from stops any more) and will compensate to a small extent.

Neil