Old June 27th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] tshanazt@aol.com is offline

Default Stagecoach London Sale

Ian Jelf wrote:
And am I alone in thinking that the new London system of ultimate
destination only on the front is a *terrible* retrograde step?

This way madness, "Service" and Blank Screens lie. There's a fine irony
that having reached a stage where technology can enable unprecedented
information provision the decision is taken to display the ultimate
destination only. If you were to do a survey I'd be amazed if
passengers indicated a preference for operators to be compelled to
display something like "Lock's Bottom (Frog and Penguin)" in splendid
isolation but for it to be an abasolute heresy even to hint at
something such as "via Tower" in case the tourists latch on and start
holding up the service.

--
Gordon