Old June 27th 06, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Stagecoach London Sale

In message .com, Neil
Williams writes
Mark Brader wrote:

You want Piccadilly Circus, but you a tourist unfamiliar with London.
Is this bus going there, or has it passed there already?

Valid point.

Of course, with modern technology in the form of LED displays you can
get clever, and remove the already-passed points, replacing them with
others, using GPS.

But even the most modern and detailed dot matrix displays couldn't
produce the detail seen on a standard London bus blind, as far as I'm
aware. Or am I wrong? Oh and I truly detest scrolling displays as
there's no guarantee they'll be showing the "bit" of information
relevant to you in the couple of seconds you have to digest the
information.

On a slightly related note, does anyone know the rationale behind TfL
proscribing the prefix "Sorry" before "Not in service"? It seems such
a strange thing to remove (or to go to the bother of removing).
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk