Old June 28th 06, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Stagecoach London Sale

Ian Jelf wrote:

But even the most modern and detailed dot matrix displays couldn't
produce the detail seen on a standard London bus blind, as far as I'm
aware. Or am I wrong?

They aren't usually implemented in that way, and there may be some
disability discrimination issue that doesn't affect blinds, but I don't
see why the technology can't be used to provide exactly the same
display format.

Oh and I truly detest scrolling displays as
there's no guarantee they'll be showing the "bit" of information
relevant to you in the couple of seconds you have to digest the
information.

I personally like them, but hey...

On a slightly related note, does anyone know the rationale behind TfL
proscribing the prefix "Sorry" before "Not in service"? It seems such
a strange thing to remove (or to go to the bother of removing).

Not sure. It sounds a bit patronising, as not being in service isn't
something that needs apologising for, but instead a normal operational
occurrence? The personified "I'm not in service" is worse...

Neil