Old June 28th 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Traveling with Luggage - King's Cross to Southfields

John B wrote:
wrote:
In late July we'll be coming into King's Cross Station with a fair
amount of luggage. Ideally we'd like to take the tube from there
to Southfields. What we haven't been able to determine from the
available information is whether we'd have multiple stairs to
descend and climb to do so (I know we'll have them at
Southfields). I'd welcome advice on what we'll encounter and
whether we should just gulp and take a taxi.

It seems to me that there are two possible routes
1) King's Cross - High Street Kensington - Southfields
2) King's Cross - Victoria - Southfields

Is either of these more or less a problem - it looks online as
though Victoria has more escalators?

There are lifts from the mainline station at KX to the Circle Line
concourse and also down to the Circle Line platforms (for High St
Kensington)

I assume you're referring to the new lifts from the Western Ticket Hall,
which is actually under the forecourt of the original St Pancras station
building. This can be reached at street level from King's Cross
mainline station.
--
Richard J.