Old September 28th 03, 06:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Hello from New York

In message , kedron
writes

In
Roland Perry wrote:

I expect the overground trains aren't as tourist friendly as the tube.

The commuter trains (as they are) are equally tourist friendly.

Well, for a start, the trains aren't nearly as frequent,

Generally true, but does that matter very much for a tourist, rather
than someone-late-for-work? (Greenwich seems to have 6 tph to London,
although I accept that some are Cannon St, some Charing Cross. That's
more than many parts of the Metropolitan.)

they have a different ticketing system,

When did they stop taking travelcards?

and the route maps aren't as well publicised or as well-known as the
tube. For example, it wasn't at all clear where the journey in question
here starts from (mostly).

I was thinking more about the *trains* than the timetabling. eg Can you
get on and off them with luggage. Do the ones in that area stop at most
of the stations. And so on.