Old June 28th 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default "Loopy" Bus Services

wrote:

Has London ever had any bus routes whose outer terminal operates on the
basis of a "loop" say round a big housing scheme perhaps with some
journeys going clockwise and others anticlockwise round the loop?

Why only outer terminal?
Do you already know about the 109, which used to loop along the
Embankment between Westminster and Blackfriars bridges for its inner
terminal?

Caused me a minor panic in my bus route exploring days (early teens).
My usual strategy was to ride the bus for half the time available and
then cross the road to come back. 109s definitely went round the loop
both ways.

Colin McKenzie

--
On average in Britain, you're more likely to get a head injury walking
a mile than cycling it.