Old June 29th 06, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Heathrow to Gatwick ticket validity?

AstraVanMan wrote:

Heh - it would do, but if there is such a thing, it seems that no sod wants
to tell me about it!

Not even Trainline, which used to do Travelcards. I might have been
mistaken, and the Southern ticket might just have been a Cheap Day
Return, thinking about it.

Though I don't see a lot of
point in paying extra for the Gatwick Express, as Southern seem to do a
fairly frequent service that's only 4 minutes longer - are there other
benefits to the Gatwick Express, like being able to check in luggage
directly from the station or something?

Not that I recall. Just prestige, I reckon. It's not a bad service
(I've used it as tickets from further afield tend to be routed Any
Permitted and so include it at no extra charge) but it's not worth the
difference in fares if there is one. Indeed, Southern's new stock is
probably more comfortable than GatEx's.

Neil