Old June 29th 06, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default The best non-interchange interchanges

asdf wrote:
(snip)
Whitechapel to Bethnal Green NR
- for changing from the East London Line to Enfield/Chingford Town
bound trains & vice versa.

Bethnal Green tube is even closer to the NR station isn't it?

Yes, but rather awkward to get to from the ELL...

Stupidly I hadn't really considered the idea of walking from
Whitechapel ELL to Bethnal Green Central Line. It's certainly further
than Bethnal Green NR station, but I'd say it's easy enough - just walk
north up Cambridge Heath Road.

There's also Hackney Downs to Hackney Central. Although not shown as
an interchange on maps, there are still tickets available that are
specifically routed via these two stations (e.g. Camden Road to
Liverpool Street); this is a hangover from when the through service
from the NLL to Liverpool Street ceased.

When I wrote my original post I wasn't thinking about through
ticketing, but that's an interesting new dimension. With Travelcards I
guess such tickets are becoming a forgotten backwater - but they could
possibly come in very handy for some.

And I'd straight forgotten about the useful Hackney Downs to Hackney
Central interchange, which perhaps should be on the maps.