Old June 29th 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Howdon David Howdon is offline

Default LUL false advertising

Mizter T wrote:

I think it's fair enough for the system designers to assume that with
this example the route taken would be via zone 1 on the Central Line. I
guess if you did want to go via Rayner's Lane then you can ensure you
don't pay for zone 1 by exiting and re-entering the station via the
gates - thus ensuring the system knows what you're doing.

Actually I think that might cause problems as well. I've done this
(admittedly within my season ticket zones) when I was feeling a bit
grotty on one of the trains and decided to get some fresh air. So I
existed a station for about one or two minutes and then tried to
re-enter. This caused an error message and when I went to the gateline
staff they told me it was because I had just left.

I suppose that makes sense as exiting and then re-entering immediately
is rather odd behaviour and may indicate someone passing their card to
someone else.

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.