Old June 30th 06, 06:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default The best non-interchange interchanges

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article om,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Putney NR to East Putney (District Line Wimbledon Branch)

Ugh! They're not very close. What journey combination would it be useful
for?

Battersea Park NR (Southern) to Queenstown Road Battersea NR (SWT)
- for changing from the South London Line (Victoria - London Bridge)
to SWT Windsor Line trains (to Clapham Junction, Richmond and beyond).

Remember it well. My father taught dentistry at King's in Camberwell
when I was brought up in Putney so this was one of the ways I got to the
dentist's.

And it's probably a shorter walk, if going to Victoria, than the
supposed interchange at Clapham Junction. I was on a train that got
stuck with a signal failure at Queenstown Road recently and everyone
seemed to know to pile down to Battersea Park. It's not just the
London Bridge trains that stop there, it's nearly all Southern stopping
stuff to/from Victoria.