Old July 1st 06, 01:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dik T. Winter Dik T. Winter is offline

Default St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?/British Standard BS7666.

In article . com writes:
Richard M Willis wrote:
Surely, counties are not needed at all on postal addresses ?
All I usually give is

Persun's Name
xxx StreetName
postcode

It is a while since I have seen a Royal Mail Manual covering the
subject. It used to state that Counties are required followed the Post
Town with exceptions. The list of exceptions was very long.

Ah, in the Netherlands it is much easier. Postal code plus house number is
sufficient to get the mail delivered. So when you look at my signature
it is overcomplete. 1025 JN 215 is enough to deliver without any further
indication, you do not even need to state my name.
home: bovenover 215, 1025 jn amsterdam, nederland;
http://www.cwi.nl/~dik/